Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I'm Always Coming Home to You

My favorite slough has been shut down for the past few months due to some sort of construction. Well, not shut down. But, the road to access the sunset spot has been under construction. Other areas along the slough are still open, but offer obstructed views. I should get out there and try to finagle something new. Maybe a new perspective will help? 

I remember this night being really good to my viewfinder. It was like a perfect storm of splattered clouds and light. I loved it. I like this slough for all it has to offer and for all it doesn't have as well. You know I still want to petition for mountains in Illinois. But, through countless trips to this slough I've learned my cameras, lenses, gear, and I've found my passion in landscapes here. I made some contacts here as well with other photographers through the years. 

I feel like a regular here. You know? A place where you go and they already know your name. My own Cheers. 


4 comments: