Monday, September 29, 2014

Venezia

I recently visited the beautiful and enchanting country of Italy. I also like to call it the land of noodles, scooters, and popes. If I’m being honest Italy was kind of a blip my radar. Sure, I wanted to go, but I originally wanted to visit more State side National Parks to continue my bucket list. After visiting, I think it's safe to say that I love Italy and have a new thirst for international travels. 



We started off by flying into Milan (it was the cheapest place to fly into Italy.) I rented a little Alpha Romeo (car) to rome (pun intended) the streets of Italy. What I didn’t think of before departing the States was that I’ve never been to Italy and that I don’t know where I’m going. Maps, GPS, etc… would have been very helpful. Oh well, we trudged on to our first destination: Venice. Since, visiting Italy I have purchased a GPS. Lesson learned.


Venice was the reason we were in Italy. That’s the place my wife just had to visit. I guess we didn’t quite grasp the fact that over 15 hours of traveling and one night in Venice would be difficult. But, we kept our eyes wide open and with good reason. Venice is enchanting. Venice is mysterious. Venice is everything you’ve ever thought and more. It truly is one of kind. I can see why Clooney had his big day there. 

Now, I’ve played Assassin’s creed (video game). I’ve been to Venice virtually. After playing that game and visiting Venice I can definitively say that they did a tremendous job in creating that world.


If I had any complaints in Venice it was that I didn’t plan for a long enough stay. I wish I had another night or two to actually sit down and enjoy the hell out of this floating city. Out of all the places we stayed and visited in Italy throughout our journey we concluded that Venice was a must-see let’s go back again kind of place.











No comments:

Post a Comment